- Fall & Spring: 8 week Thursday skills for Kindergarten-5th grade [read more]
- Fall & Spring: Pre-Kindergarten Early Kickers Program [read more]
- April Vacation Clinic: Kindergarten-8th grade
- June Clinic: 1st-8th grade
- July Clinic: 1st-8th grade
- August Pre-Season Clinic: 1st-8th grade
These programs are subject to change but are provided here to give you a snapshot of our typical offerings. All clinics will be overseen by LUSC DOC, Brendan Donahue and assisted by the same professional coaches that help coach our fall and spring team practices. There will be additional staff hired by the DOC to ensure a high quality of instruction. The clinics will maintain a coach to player ratio of 12 to 1. The clinics will be focusing on teaching a number of age-appropriate technical soccer skills. While the focus will be on skill development, this will be done in an enjoyable teaching environment using fun, small-sided games.
For the current schedule of these programs, please visit the registration page.
April, June, July & August Pre-Season Clinics
These clinics run for one week, Monday through Thursday, with Friday as a rain date.
What to Bring:
Each clinic participant should bring the
following items each day:
- Shin Guards
- Properly Inflated Ball
- Water Bottle
* April and July clinic participants will receive a clinic T-shirt.
Sample Daily Schedule
9:00 to 9:15am – Street Soccer
9:15 to 9:45am – Individual Moves
- Monday: Change of Direction
- Tuesday: Hesitation
- Wednesday: Beating Another Player
- Thursday: Rolling the Ball
9:45 to 10:45am – Circuit Training
- Shooting Exercises
1v1, 2v2, 3v3
- Transition Games
10:45 to 11:15am – Snack Break
11:15 to 12:00pm – Inn Step Training
12:00 to 12:15pm – Juggling
12:15 to 12:55pm – Game (8v8 max)
12:55 to 1:00pm – Daily Wrap-up
Note: These clinics will accommodate players of all abilities. Players will be separated according to ability and preference of coaching style. It will be an all-inclusive clinic that promotes soccer in a fun atmosphere that promotes learning the game in a manner appropriate to each player’s needs.
Fall & Spring: Tuesday Afternoon Pre-School Early Kickers Program
LUSC offers an introduction to soccer for Lexington’s 4 and 5 year old preschool children. This “Early Kickers” program is designed to provide young Lexington children an opportunity to be active, develop motor skills, and have fun in a soccer setting.
The Early Kickers program runs for a single hour each week for a 6 week period.
- Having fun!
- Developing a basic coordination level with and without the ball
- Individual & small group activities
- Small sided games
- Director – LUSC Director of Coaching Brendan Donahue. Coach Donahue holds his USSF “A” license, US Youth Soccer National Youth License, Coerver Youth Diploma and NSCAA Premier Diploma.
- Assistant – LUSC Assistant DOC Tom Heimreid. Coach Heimreid holds his UEFA “B” license and NSCAA Advanced National Diploma.
- Assistant – Paul Mallen. Coach Mallen has been a LUSC Pro Coach for many years and is the current LPDA GU14 Coach. Paul formerly worked on the MLS Camp Staff.
Fall & Spring: Thursday Afternoon Kindergarten Skills
Fall & Spring: Thursday Afternoon Advanced Skills 1st & 2nd Grade
This program will be directed by Paul Mallen, LUSC Player Development Co-coordinator and GU14 LPDA Coach. LUSC Director of Coaching Brendan Donahue will prepare the curriculum for each week’s session. Coach Donahue holds his USSF “A” license, National Youth License, Coerver Youth Diploma and NSCAA Premier Diploma.
Fall & Spring: Thursday Afternoon Advanced Skills 3rd through 5th Grade
This program will focus on Individual Skill development and Speed with the ball. The program will follow a Coerver type curriculum with Ball Mastery, Speed training and 1v1 as the core elements. LUSC DOC, Brendan Donahue will lead the sessions and be assisted by LUSC Assistant DOC, Tom Heimreid. Coach Heimreid holds his UEFA “B” license and NSCAA Advanced National Diploma.