(for more details on winter, click here)
3rd – 5th Grade Skills Academy – $190
Dates: Thursdays, 9/7/17 – 11/2/17, 9 weeks
Location: Harrington Field
Registration deadline: Tuesday, August 1st, 2017
Late fee applies after deadline and placement not guaranteed
The LUSC Skills Academy (SA) is a signed up based program (per season: fall, winter, spring) for our 3rd – 5th graders. Although all players will train on the same field, players will be segmented by LUSC staff into training groups, based on ability. Curriculum will be tailored to the different levels. Players will be closely monitored by the staff and may be moved up or down during the course of the season, based on performance. Skills Academy boys and girls will train separately.
Why a Skills Academy?
- To provide LUSC children with a yearlong technical development plan under weekly professional supervision for committed and interested LUSC U9-11 players.
- The professional staff that oversee the skills academy will make technical training, including demonstration of proper technique, their number one priority.
- Offer Lexington families a high quality local alternative to “club” soccer during the U9-11 developmental years. These are vital years in terms of developing proper coordination and good habits.
Is there a Skills Academy Team?
Yes. Separate Skills Academy Teams for boys and girls will be created by holding a tryout for all 3rd-4th grade players who signed up for the Skills Academy and would like to play for the team. The SA team is subject to change each season since it’s not a mandatory yearlong program.
Fifth graders are welcome to participate in the Skills Academy pool training, but will not be eligible for the Skills Academy Team.
All players that make the Skills Academy Team will pay an additional fee. Registration for in-town or travel soccer is not required for participating in SA, but is strongly encouraged as SA is a complement to, and not a replacement for, in-town or travel soccer.
Who does the Skills Academy Team Play?
4 festivals/games per season. Towns TBD. All games will be played on Sunday afternoons.
Is there a Skills Academy Kit?
Yes. All Skills Academy players must purchase a training jersey ($10.00). Additional items, alternative shirt and shorts are also available for purchase.
Program Schedule & Cost 2017-2018
Fall & Spring Training Schedule
- Thursday, 4:00-5:15 pm throughout the LUSC season
- 10 Training Sessions
LUSC Skills Academy Cost
- Fall – $190
- Winter – $220
- Spring – $190
Skills Academy Team Fall & Spring Game Schedule
- 4 festivals/games per season
- An additional fee of $50 for fall and $50 for spring to play on the Skills Academy Team
2017-18 Skills Academy Staff
Brendan Donahue, LUSC Director of Coaching, Region 1 ODP Staff, Former DI-III Collegiate Coach, USSF A license, NSCAA Premier Diploma, US Youth Soccer National Youth, Coerver Youth Diploma
Tom Heimreid, LUSC Assistant Director of Coaching, Skills Academy Director, NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma, NSCAA Premier Diploma, NFF 2, Current BU12 LPDA Head Coach
Miguel Chavez, LPDA BU11 and BU16 Head Coach, Co-director of K-2nd grade program at Diamond.
Emily Morse (or lead female coach) – Former LPDA GU12 Coach, Challenger Staff