Believe it or not, another spring is fast approaching and I’m excited to pass along information about upcoming Mass Youth Soccer Association Coaching Courses. First and foremost, thank you for volunteering to coach a team this spring. The service that you, and the other coaches, provide LUSC with is so important for the success of our program.
Mass Youth Soccer Association Coaching Courses: Prior to this Spring LUSC will be co-sponsoring both a MYSA “F” and “E” course with Arlington Youth Soccer. I strongly endorse attending a coaching course whether you are a novice coach or on the more experienced end of the coaching spectrum. Attending a course is a really worthwhile endeavor to further your coaching abilities and comfort level in interacting with your players in a meaningful way.
10 Great Reasons to Attend a MYSA Coaching Course
- They help coaches better organize & structure their practices
- They educate coaches on the psychological considerations of coaching each specific age groups and gender
- Provide coaches with numerous activities to use with their teams.
- Offer ideas on how to deal with the various ability levels within a team.
- Offer ideas on how to deal with a disruptive player.
- They offer a great perspective on both development and enjoyment for the game of soccer.
- Offer ideas on injury prevention and how to create a safe environment for all participants.
- They provide excellent suggestions on parental communication both in the lead up to and during the season.
- They make you a better coach, and in turn make the players you coach receive a higher level of soccer education.
- They’re Fun!
LUSC will reimburse all coaches who attend the courses upon receiving the course certificate.
F Course schedule (highly recommended for all U9-10 Coaches):
Saturday March 9th
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
E Course Schedule (highly recommended for all U11-12 Coaches):
Saturday March 16 and March 23
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Dallin Elementary School, 185 Florence Street, Arlington, MA 02476
Event Coordinator: Michelle Barry
LUSC will also offer a MYSA G Course in Lexington in late March on at date TBD. The G course is a great introductory course and highly recommended for K-2nd grade coaches.
If you are interested in attending please register through the Mass Youth Soccer website: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/.
I hope you are getting excited about the upcoming season! As I enter my seventh season serving as the LUSC Director of Coaching, I want to say thank you and let you know it continues to be a privilege to work in such an outstanding community of people.
All the Best,