How to Cancel a Home Game
Email the referee and fields schedulers to cancel your game. Please include game date, coach name & division.
How to Reschedule a Home Game
1. Confer with the opposing coach and agree upon a day and time.
2. E-mail the Fields Scheduler (referees will be automatically scheduled along with the field requests). Please include in your email:
- Date of original game.
- Division (i.e. GU14, BU11)
- Coach last name.
- Makeup date, time and field preference.
Reschedules should be submitted by Thursday at 6PM for a Sunday game.
About Field Closures
1. The Lexington Recreation Department may exercise its authority to close some or all fields at any time. This decision will be communicated to the Field Coordinator will be posted on the website home page.
2. For Saturday rainouts; assuming the Recreation Department has not closed the fields, but conditions are unfavorable, then a LUSC official will determine by early Saturday morning whether the fields are unplayable for morning games only, or for the full day. If fields are unplayable, it will be posted on the home page of the website by 7:15am. Coaches are then responsible for contacting their team and their away team, if applicable, by 7:30am. If the decision is made to cancel morning games only, a LUSC official will make another call by mid-morning for afternoon games. If fields are unplayable, it will be posted on the home page of the website as soon as is feasible. Coaches are then responsible for contacting their team and their away team, if applicable, as soon as possible.
3. Assuming that a LUSC official has not closed the fields, the coach has the responsiblity, and authority, to cancel the game if the coach feels that conditions are not safe and/or the field will be damaged (see field conditions below). Also, the referee has final authority to declare a field unplayable at game time. (This is directly out of the BAYS 2001 Rulebook). As always, the final decision to have a child play in inclement weather is up to the parents.
PLEASE NOTE: There are occasions where the fields remain open but a decision is made to cancel specific programs such as the K-2 programs. This decision will be posted on the top of the home page as soon as it is made. If there is poor weather we recommend continuing to check the website until you are ready to leave for your program.