Spring 2013: Sundays, 4/21 – 6/16 (no Memorial Day)
U16/U19 BAYS (spring)
If teenagers in Lexington want to play soccer the U16/17/19 Division’s provides that opportunity. All teams play in the Boston Area Youth Soccer (BAYS) league. The U16 Division plays only in the spring and games are on Sundays.
High School Soccer (fall)
LUSC is hosting an 8v8 high school aged co-ed “street soccer” league to provide players an opportunity to play fall soccer in a supervised yet relaxed environment.
Recognizing the number of players participating in the game of soccer up until the U14 age group, local high school programs can no longer accommodate the number of players that enjoy competing in the game of soccer. LUSC currently has close to 200 boys and girls playing soccer at the 8th grade level in Lexington. When these players go to high school there are only slots for approximately 50 of them to continue playing. As Director of Coaching and a Mass Youth Soccer Staff member, I’m often asked why kids stop playing soccer? My answer is that they stop playing because we stop offering programs for them to continue to enjoy the game.
Here is a basic outline of the program:
- Boys and Girls High School aged players will play in an 8v8 game for a 7 week period.
- Game will be played Sunday afternoons time and field TBD.
- Games will be pick-up style with teams being balanced throughout the day to make the games more enjoyable.
- No team practices.
- Open to players of all abilities – no tryouts!
- The league will provide an adult official/supervisor for all games.
LUSC feels that it is important that we reach out to our high school aged community and continue to provide programs that promote the game of soccer in a healthy and enjoyable way.