The Set-up: (as pictured). Set up two fields side by side. Field should be app. 20 x15 with a small gate on each end-line. Divide the 12 players into two groups of 6 (red and white).
The Game: Coach can make the games competitive. Team that is numbers up get a point for connecting 5 straight passes’, defenders’ get a point for scoring between the gates. Play games to 3 or for a designated amount of time (90 to 120 seconds).
Note: The coach can make several adjustments to make this game more effective.
- Can add an extra possession player creating 5v2.
- Can make the field bigger if the 2 defenders are having too much success.
- Make the Gates bigger or field smaller if the team in possession is having too easy of a time.
- Attack- good angles of support, keep the space as big as possible, proper weight on passes.
- Defending- work as a group, communicate, try to score quickly when you gain possession.
- Transition- Can we get immediate pressure to the ball when we give it away? Can we score once game possession before the team that is numbers up can react?
[ print/download this exercise ]
If you enjoy this exercise Coach Donahue recommends:
|Possible Warm-up:||Possible Previous Activity:|
|The German Box Combined||Paul Macro Transition Combined|
|Groups of 4 Passing Warm-Up||Transition Combined|