The 3rd & 4th Grade In-Town League runs every year in the spring and fall. It is open to Lexington 3rd & 4th graders. Residents of Hanscom Air Force Base are also welcome to register. Each week consists of one or two weekday practices and a Saturday game.
During the fall season 3rd graders are eligible only for this in-town league. In the spring, 3rd graders can choose instead to participate in the 3rd/4th-8th Grade Travel Club.
Spring 2024 Information
|Dates:||Apr 6 – Jun 8, 2024 (10 weeks)*|
|Registration Deadline:||Feb 2, 2024|
*Games will be scheduled for May 25th (Memorial Day weekend).
A late fee of $30 is applied for registrations after the deadline, and team placement is not guaranteed.
Schedule: Games are on Saturdays. Pro practices are on Monday evenings. An optional coach’s practice is scheduled mid-week, field space permitting.
Uniform: A team T-shirt is included in the cost of registration and will be handed out by coaches at the beginning of the season. A reversible pinnie is required and can be purchased during registration or at Tricon Sports if you don’t already have one (see below). See the Uniform Information page for more information.
Lexington girls and boys playing soccer all over town on Saturdays is a familiar sight to both Lexingtonians and visitors. Mixed teams of 3rd and 4th graders play in a 7v7 format, and thrive on fair competition, teamwork, and improving soccer skills. This program runs in both fall and spring.
To confirm what age group you should register your child for, review the LUSC Age Group Policy.
Ordering Reversible Pinnies
- Pinnies ordered while registering will be delivered by team coaches.
- Families who ordered directly from the Tricon website before February 11th will receive them by the start of the season.
- Families who ordered directly from the Tricon website on or after February 11th will receive them by mid-April.
Equipment: Grades 3-4
- All players are given a team-color T-shirt each season. This shirt is worn at games.
- All players must bring a size 4 soccer ball to each practice (write name and phone on ball). Most activities require each player to have a ball.
- Players must wear soccer cleats or sneakers. Cleats are recommended.
- Shin guards are required.
- Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards so they are not exposed.
- Each player should bring a water bottle.
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry, earrings, hats, or anything metal in their hair, for safety reasons.
Parent Volunteers: Grades 3-4
- Parent volunteer coaches are essential to successfully run this program.
- All coaches are strongly encouraged to get their G Coaching License. The 4-hour course will be offered prior to each season.
- All necessary coaching equipment will be provided.
- A criminal background check (CORI) will be conducted on all youth coaches per Massachusetts law.
- The coach’s child will be assigned to the team they are coaching.
Team Formation: Grades 3-4
- Roster size – 10 to 12
- All teams are gender based, and consist of both 3rd and 4th graders.
- Team coaches will contact players’ parents approximately a week prior to the start of the season.
- New team rosters and coaching assignments will be made prior to each new season. Visit the Team Formation page for further details.
- Parents and other spectators are encouraged to attend sessions.
- Only players and coaches should be on the field during activities and games.
- Parents must be on the opposite side of the field from the team area to observe.
- No one should be on the goal sides of the field.
- Please offer encouragement to both teams.
- Parents should not give instructions to the players during activities and games.
Session Cancellation: Grades 3-4
- The decision to cancel due to weather or field conditions will be made by LUSC by 7:15am. For more information go to: Rainouts & Reschedules.
- Coaches will notify their player’s parents. A notice will also be on the LUSC web site.
- A session will not be canceled in light rain if field conditions are safe for playing.
- Canceled sessions will be rescheduled if possible.