Set-up: half-field, goal, several balls, a few discs.
- Player A “runs with the ball” (dribbling at speed), Player A shoots the ball as he approaches the penalty box. Once Player A shoots the ball, he moves back toward player B.
- Player B now dribbles and passes the ball to Player A.
- Player A passes the ball (one-two) into the path of player B.
- Player B shoots the ball.
- Player A and Player B now crisscross positions (not pictured) to receive a cross from Player C. Player C should allow for A and B to change positions before delivering the cross.
- Dribbling at speed
- Precise Passing
- Quality Crossing
- Add a defender in the penalty area to apply various levels of pressure.
- Change the location of the crossing line to the left side.
Rotation: Coach should rotate the lines every 3 or 4 minutes.
[ print/download this exercise ]
If you enjoy this exercise Coach Donahue recommends:
|Possible Warm-up:||Progress to:|
|Basic Overlap Circuit to Goal||Argentina Channel Game|
|Service Circuit with Combination||3v2 to Goal Combined|