The LUSC Mission is to develop lifelong soccer players among Lexington youth. LUSC strives to have a highly respected, friendly and welcoming club, and expects all coaches to support the mission through the actions they take and the examples they set for all participants. LUSC believes strongly that we can provide a competitive environment while still showing respect for the game and others no matter the outcome. We thank you for taking the time to help coach your team, because only with your selfless volunteer effort is it possible that our youth community has an opportunity to play.
- LUSC philosophy puts the development of players above team wins and losses – my ultimate goal must be on providing a safe, fair, fun and educational environment that is focused on the development of players.
- I will not engage in bullying, hazing, harassment, or emotional, physical or sexual misconduct. I will report any such activity of which I am aware or any related concerns to the LUSC Safety Officer or President, as required under SafeSport policy.
- I will not discriminate against any participant based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation, and will actively discourage and address any such behavior among my players. I will report any such activity of which I am aware or any related concerns to the LUSC Safety Officer or President, as required under SafeSport policy.
- I acknowledge that focusing on player development means each player should play at least 50% of a game, unless there are injuries, health or fitness concerns, or similar extenuating circumstances.
- I am responsible for the behavior and sportsmanship of my players. If one of my players is misbehaving, I will take the player out of the activity or game and remind them of the correct behaviors under the LUSC Player Code of Conduct and/or the rules of the game.
- I will model good sportsmanship by thanking referees post-game, congratulating the opposing team and coach, and having my players do the same.
- I am responsible for the sportsmanship of my parents, caregivers and spectators. I will actively remind and guide them of the correct behaviors under the LUSC Parent & Caregiver Code of Conduct.
- I will engage parents/caregivers and/or LUSC leadership as needed to ensure player behavior is not negatively impacting the development and enjoyment of others.
- I have read and I understand the BAYS Zero Tolerance Policy and will live and support it at all times. I will not speak to the referee during or after the game unless I am calling for substitution, pointing out an emergency during the game, or responding to the referee if addressed. I will not engage in criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind during or after the game. I will use the proper post-game reporting options to address referee or sportsmanship issues.
- I will reach out to my LUSC Division Director or the Director of Coaching with any questions or requests for assistance.
- I acknowledge that not following the expectations and policies described above, including not completing any required clearances, credentialing and training required by Mass Youth Soccer and/or LUSC in a timely manner, may lead to discipline and/or removal from coaching by LUSC and/or their leagues or governing bodies.
Last Updated: March 2022