The LUSC Mission is to develop lifelong soccer players among Lexington youth. LUSC strives to have a highly respected, friendly and welcoming club, and expects all parents, caregivers and their guests to support the mission through the actions they take and the examples they set for all participants.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults. I will allow my child to be a child.
- I will make every effort to have my child attend practices and games and will communicate with my child’s coach as soon as I know if my child will be late or absent.
- I will communicate with my child’s coach about any physical disability, illness or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will explain to my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in the lower age groups. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players (on both teams), coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak civilly with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I have read and I understand the BAYS Zero Tolerance Policy and will live and support it at all times. I will not speak to the referee during or after the game or engage in criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind during or after the game. I will use the proper post-game reporting options through my coach or club to address referee or sportsmanship issues.
- I will reach out to my coach, my LUSC Division Director or the Director of Coaching with any questions, concerns or requests for assistance.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I acknowledge that the coach of my child’s team is responsible for both my behavior and that of my child while at soccer activities. I will therefore respect the coach’s authority and help them resolve any issues or problems.
- I understand that parents, caregivers and guests who do not follow the expectations described above may be asked to leave or not be allowed to attend future soccer activities.
Last Updated: March 2022