Kindergarten (U6) and 2nd grade (U8): 8:30 – 10:00am
First grade (U7): 10:30-12:00am
Spring 2013 Kindergarten: Saturdays; 4/6-6/8, 8:45 – 10 am
Spring 2013 1st grade: Saturdays; 4/6-6/8, 10:30 – 12 am
Spring 2013 2nd grade: Saturdays; 4/6-6/8, 8:30 – 10 am
There will be no programs on Memorial Day.
Fall and Spring Program for the Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd graders on Saturday mornings at Diamond Field. First and second graders will also have the option to sign up for an hour long skills clinic on Thursday afternoons. Time and location of the clinic will be determined just prior to the start of each season and will be posted here.
- U6: 9 sessions, U7 & U8: 9-10 sessions, once per week, on Saturday mornings.
- There is a fall and spring program. Dates of sessions in fall is September to November and spring is April to June.
- For U7 and U8 (1st and 2nd graders): 1 ½ hours each session (45 minutes activities, 45 minute game).
- For U6 (Kindergarten): 1 1/4 hours with 30 minutes activities and 45 minutes game segment.
- Typical program times:
- U8 (2nd grade) is 8:30am – 10am
- U6 (Kindergarten) is 8:45am – 10:00am
- U7 (1st grade) 10:30am – 12:00pm. These will be confirmed prior to the season.
- Location to be confirmed prior to the season.
- Each U6 player new to soccer will receive a soccer ball (size 3) from LUSC. All in-town players wear a reversible mesh jersey. You can order a jersey while registering online or by mail.
- All U6, U7, & U8 players must bring a soccer ball to every session (write name and phone on ball). Most activities require each player to have a ball.
- Players must wear their team shirt each week. On colder days the shirt must be worn over warmer clothing.
- Players must wear soccer cleats or sneakers. Soccer cleats are not required, but are recommended.
- Shin guards are required.
- Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards so they are not exposed.
- Each player should bring a water bottle.
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry, earrings, hats, or anything metal in their hair for safety reasons.
- Parent volunteer coaches are essential to successfully run this program.
- Parents can sign up to volunteer on their child’s registration form.
- Each team must have two coaches for the program to work effectively.
- No previous experience is required.
- All coaches are strongly encouraged to get their G Coaching License. The 4-hour course will be offered prior to each season.
- Coaches will be provided with a weekly session plan.
- Professional coaches will be available each week to:
- Run a meeting prior to each session to go over the plan.
- Assist coaches and answer questions.
- Provide written feedback each week.
- All necessary coaching equipment will be provided.
- A criminal background check (CORI) will be conducted on all youth coaches per Massachusetts law.
- Coaches must arrive at the field 30 minutes prior to each session for set up and a coaches meeting.
- The coach’s child will be assigned to the team they are coaching.
- Roster size – U6: 10 to 12, U7 & U8: 12 – 14
- U6 teams will be co-ed (will only change to gender based teams if registration numbers and/or field availability require it).
- Players must actually be attending Kindergarten to participate.
- U7 & U8 teams will be gender based.
- Each child will be on a team with 3 – 4 children from their school, if possible.
- Usually requests for placement with one friend can be made if indicated on the registration form. However, this is not guaranteed.
- Team coaches will contact player parents approximately a week prior to the start of the season.
- New team rosters and coaching assignments will be made prior to each new season.
- Each team will be assigned to a field where players will report each week. Team coaches will notify parents of field assignments approximately one week prior to the start of the program.
- The first 45 minutes players will participate in a number of soccer activities.
- Activities are designed to maximize fun and the amount of contact each player has with the soccer ball.
- Activities will be followed by one 45-minute game.
- Games will be 3 vs. 3 for U6 and 4 vs. 4 for U7 & U8 with no goalkeepers.
- The game is divided into two 18-minute halves.
- All players will have equal playing time each week.
- Score will not be kept during any game.
- Teams have a designated area for meeting and for gear during activities and games.
- Parents and other spectators are encouraged to attend sessions.
- Only players and coaches should be on the field during activities and games.
- Parents must be on the opposite side of the field from the team area to observe.
- No one should be on the goal sides of the field.
- Please offer encouragement to both teams.
- Parents should not give instructions to the players during activities and games.
- The decision to cancel due to weather or field conditions will be made by the Division Director at least one hour prior to the session.
- Coaches will notify their player’s parents. A notice will also be on the LUSC web site.
- A session will not be canceled in light rain if field conditions are safe for playing.
- Canceled sessions will be rescheduled if possible.